Tuesday, March 22, 2011

I FINALLY got out of the house for a little while and a few pics

So as I whined about before, my hubby has been traveling for work lately, which is uncommon for us the past 2 years. When we first married he would travel for a couple of days about once a month and we were used to that schedule and made the best of it. Now it is like someone pulled the rug right out from under us... or maybe me! As a result, I have been going long amounts of time (weeks!) without getting out of the house without one egg or another.

Tonight, I broke free!!!!! I went out, ran long-overdue, unhindered errands and even had a great dinner with a WONDERFUL friend who knows the feeling of not getting away. (Don't get me wrong... I love my babies, but Mama has got to have some time to be an adult and get errands done that stack up and loom over me.) It was refreshing, took things off of my to-do list and reminded me that I am a woman, friend and in need of some balance. I appreciate my husband for not only holding down the fort, but encouraging me to take time for myself. Now my husband's night, that is another story...

Hubby had a bit of a rough one with Little Man. A little history to help with this story is that we have built our lives around routine. Little Man is apparently not willing to give ANY when it comes to his routine. He woke up from his nap and was ready to eat. His problem… no Mommy! Hubby had quite the time with him because he refused to drink a bottle or eat any cereal. My husband was a trooper. He listed to Little Man gripe, complain and yell for a WHILE before he called and asked when I was coming home. Little Man's alter ego "Little Stinky Boy" was out in full force tonight.

No comments:

Post a Comment