Sad, isn't it? So I got over that hurdle with a near-hissy fit and a quick trip to Publix. Then I got down to business.
I altered the recipe to suit us in the following ways:
- I used a 6 quart Crock Pot because that is what I have.
- I added chopped carrots b/c I can't stand monochromatic food.
- I changed the seasoning because I didn't have paprika and don't have any recipes that need it so I used lemon pepper, garlic powder, onion powder, salt and pepper.
- I added a splash more chicken broth because of the extra veggie.
- I used chicken breast cutlets because that's what was in the freezer,but I am sure this would work with any cuts.
- It needed a little more liquid because there were some grains of rice on the very top that were a little... uh... al dente. ;-)
- It should not be stirred a lot as it causes the rice to become a little more mushy/risotto-like.
- Flavor was great. We LOVE lemon pepper with chicken.
- Hubby enjoyed and the Dancing Daughter cleaned her plate quickly. (A quick plate-cleaning is how we know she likes a food.)